Thursday, October 06, 2005

Exercise

of late i have been wondering how beneficial, if at all, my everyday activities are toward keeping me somewhat healthy. #1 mode of transportation: bicycle. obviously this requires a certain amount of physical exersion. since i tend to ride everywhere at top speed, pedaling with all my might, it is often a considerable amount of work. however, since campus isn't really all that big, going at top speed gets me around pretty timely, and i'm not actually working hard for very long. is it unhealthy to walk out of my room, hop on my bicycle and get my heart really pounding for about 3 minutes, and then go sit down in a class room? and then leave and get it pounding for 2 more minutes going to my next class? and so on, several times a day? whatever. just some thoughts from someone who should be reading history.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

anonymous makes me smile.

also, your up/down exercising i doubt is unhealthy, but it can't be that beneficial either. it's like one of those median things that no one cares about. all this coming from a sports physicist.

4:34 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

thanks dr al. anonymous cracks me up too. :-P

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's simply anaerobic exercise (like clean and jerk) as opposed to aerobic exercise (running or cycling) which helps your heart get stronger. that is the exercise that prepares you for anaerobic activity without killing yourself.
aunt donnave

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home