Monday, February 28, 2005

Anxious Anticipation

i have to admit that i'm starting to get just a tid bit nervous about my upcoming concert. not in a bad way, like i'm not ready, just the typical kind of scared feeling where my stomache jumps every time i think, "oh! my concert's on thursday!" even though i can play it i still keep getting freaked out and thinking i'll suddenly forget part of it in the middle of the concert. i would rather die... but i'm sure nothing like that will happen. sorta sure.

practiced a bunch today. had a good violin lesson. she was understanding that i hadn't done as much diligent practice this last week since i've been preparing for the upcoming concert. and she said she'll be somewhat understanding next week too. but after that... no mercy!!! but i played fairly well none-the-less.

i didn't have that interview. i think i mentioned it last post. the tv department wanted to interview me about my concert. (notice how everything in my life seems to be revolving around that one even? what am i going to do when it's over?!?) but they never called me back with a time or place of meeting or list of questions i should be prepared for. so whatever. if they want an interview bad enough they'll just have get their bootie in gear. it's not like i'm going to go hunting down a reporter in the tv deparment and beg to have an interview done whenever they feel like they want to do it...

i think ben forgot about our bible study tonight. hmmm. i got my stuff ready and laid down on my bed for a few minutes to wait for him to call and say he was in the parking lot. i woke up at about 9:30 (two hours later) to my room mate coming in. so apparently he didn't come. and if he sat out in the parking lot and waited for me, and didn't call, and then left, i'm going to bop him up side the head. er... just kidding. i'm sure he didn't do that. hopefully we can get together next week.

tomorrow i'm going to try and get a bike ride in with micah. got some new tires for rode riding. go put them on at his house and go on a big ride to somewhere. mabye around the loop or something. looking foward to it!

best put my energy from that power nap to work and get a little studying done before bed.

segue \SEG-way; SAYG-way\, verb:To proceed without interruption; to make a smooth transition.

and i confess that i have now been getting these words off of dictionary.com. but that's not really cheating or anything like that, is it?? sure is more convenient than randomly looking through the dictionary. i've been trying to occasionally put some words that you could actually use in everday language.

6 Comments:

Blogger Luddie said...

Concerts are scary, yes. :|

Just practice practice and then when the time comes say "Practice is over, and I know this stuff like the back of my hand! And not only that, I look good while playing!!" and it will all be good. :D

9:07 AM  
Blogger Abigail... said...

meeeh....I cant even imagine the scary feeling, unless its like a really scary important swim meet...hehehe.

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll do great!! We'll all be there to cheer you on...
Hey, I used those words off dictionary.com too (in my other blog not listed here).

See ya later!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Tape it and post it on your blog for posterity - that's what I always say.

You'll do great - you sure did the last time I saw you in concert!

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.

If you have a moment, please visit my site:
1 business hosting small web
It covers 1 business hosting small web related stuff.
All the best!

5:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I also have a web
site & blog about .org market street so I know I'm talking
about when I say yours is top-notch!
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
.org market street
I wish you all the best!

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home