Thursday, September 01, 2005

Pocket Malfunction

so this morning had an inauspicious beginning. i jumped on my bike to head off to class, and felt something stuck in the tire. so i stopped, pulled up the loose straps hanging off my back pack, and headed out again. i immediately felt something pulling me back again. then when i looked down, i realized my back tire was completely flat. i went and started to refill it with my tiny pump, but the air just leaked right back out. bleeeeh. then i went chugging to class on foot, which isn't exactly what i wanted to do.

this evening allison and i decided to go donate water for the new orleans people, who definitely seem to be in bad straits. we also put on her "jerome" bumper sticker that i made some time ago. but, speaking of embarrassing situations, i had another one just before we went to wal mart. when we picked up kera i jumped in the back so she could have the front seat, and *rrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipp.* uh oh, i hope that wasn't my pants. but what else could it be? so apparently i caught the edge of my back pocket on the arm rest. but it didn't just tear down a seam, it went down the inside edge of the pocket, and about two inches off to the side toward the middle and then down a few inches. aghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! so right before we go into wal mart i have a huge rectangular chunk of the backside of my shorts hanging off. allison said i should post a picture of it, so i took one, but then decided it was kind of a lame picture, and decided to just write about it. it felt chilly and breezy in wal mart...

capacious \kuh-PAY-shuhs\, adjective:Able to contain much; roomy; spacious.

Out of those capacious receptacles he brought forth a small bottle of Scotch whiskey, a lemon, and some lump sugar. --Ellen M. Calder, "Personal Recollections of Walt Whitman," The Atlantic, June 1907

YUMMY!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

if texas weather is as hot and muggy as you say, then what's the big deal with some extra ventilation???

(something similar happened to me at the hotel in germany...that was funny...made the wandering back to my room very entertaining and all involved still derive great amusment from the memory)

9:01 PM  
Blogger Abigail... said...

dude.

I guess, you arent going to be lacking in the funny stories just because you arent at work. ;-)

6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Abigail...LOL! So true! Perhaps they're not the caliber of setting himself on fire, but they're definitely funny!

And I'm SO glad to hear I am not alone in the "wardrobe malfunction" department. Had something like that happen just last weekend, but I was not brave enough to go into the store. *grin*

As I recall, this sort of thing was a fashion statement (notice I didn't say a GOOD one) some time ago. But I don't think smart-looking boxers underneath the jeans make up for the sudden lack of coverage! ( ^_^ )

1:20 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

*grins*

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home