Monday, October 10, 2005

The Fun Never Ends

doncha love it when people get pied? and what could be better than a vogue editor getting pied by peta??? apparently vogue refused to give them an article in the mag for which they were willing to pay as much as a fur ad paid. so of course the deranged peta protestors were out to wreak revenge. i've got to admit that people must have the brain of winnie-the-pooh. i mean seriously; what company wants to advertise something against their product? did they honestly suppose that since they were offering to pay just as much for the ad that it was entirely legitimate that their's be run in place of some fur promotion? keep the jokes comin' folks.

so what am i up to? i just spent two hours in a sound proof room listening to various pieces of music. beethoven's symphony #5, mozart's symphony #40, and his piano concerto in A, don giovanni, etc. go ahead and kill me now. no, i take that back, i'm headed to pizza hut. on the bright side, besides going to class, and practicing piano and violin, and listening to gobs of music, i did a couple of other things today. one in particular was feeding my snakes.

it just occurred to me that this deserves a new paragraph, since it's entirely unrelated to listening to music. anyway, i don't think i ever mentioned having two new roommates. in case you don't know, keep this on the low-down, because it's against the rules (don't ask why i'm posting it on a public web site). buuuuuut, since my family is moving, my snakes are now occupying an inconspicuous place under my bed until they can find a new home. meaning the snakes find a new home. they aren't moving back in with my family when they find a new home. anyway, allison and i went and bought them some supper which they happily scarfed up.

btw, in case you didn't know, my family is about to move. that's probably slipped out in things like my last paragraph, but it is definitely official and impending now. the house is sold, and the closing date is in... two weeks? i think exactly two weeks from today. feels kinda weird for me, being away from home and all that. like it's not quite real.

i was about to go eat a pizza wasn't i? i'm feeling very up-tight. maybe i'll have a good cry over my pizza. and then look at my schedule for the week and have another cry. and then maybe do something about it.

p.s. i went to my first sfa game for this semester this weekend with allison. and, wonder of wonders, they won! don't ask me for too many details about the game. okay, tata.

em·pir·i·cism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (m-pîr-szm)n.
The view that experience, especially of the senses, is the only source of knowledge.
Employment of empirical methods, as in science.
An empirical conclusion.
The practice of medicine that disregards scientific theory and relies solely on practical experience.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

remember that time when pat couldn't find the stinkin' mouse around which he was coiled? yeah me too. pat's so dumb.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Abigail... said...

so, Anna and I saw you and Allison driving down the road today...and I gasped...and pointed but for some reason couldnt get any words out....anna laughed at me....

PS. I've got questions.

10:41 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

hahahaha, that's funny! we saw billy (yesterday now) too. feel free to ask questions. i have email, and i'm sure i'll see you at church as well. kbye

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

questions!? surely you can't stump jordan. i've already tried. and i won maybe twice. like what's benjamin franklin's middle name.

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why, exactly, did Abigail gasp? That's a disturbing comment.

8:29 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

abigail, are you trying to get me in trouble?

8:35 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

You guys probably played my alma mater, Sam Houston. We could never beat SFA. Grrrr.

6:17 AM  
Blogger quirky said...

no, actually we played nickle state. whoa whoa whoa whoa!!!! how did i know that???

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoa whoa whoa!!

that made me laugh

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still want to know about the gasping incident.

9:35 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

you'll have to ask abigail about that personally. i still maintain there were no grounds for gasping. unless it is now considered a dreadful thing to behold a boy and a girl riding throught town in a minivan. or maybe she was gasping with delight. why am i trying to explain anything? it's 1:15! i think i shall eat some yogurt and go to bed.

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing you this weekend, buddy. I know this week's been kind of stressful for you.

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home