Tuesday, February 07, 2006

It's All So Clear!

do you remember that first pair of glasses you got? your incredulous awe at the brilliant clarity... looking in the mirror to see if you still look good with rings around your eyes, and then not caring... running outside and counting the leaves at the top of a 50 ft oak tree... (i just wrote pine tree before i realized they don't have leaves. ok, pine needles...) you remember. unless of course you're one of those people with immaculate physiques, which includes clear eyes with 20/20 vision. but you're just missing out on the revelation. not only do i vividly remember my personal experience with a second pair of eyes, but i love to share a little of the excitement with someone else when they get their first pair. as i rode my bike away from the music building this evening, i passed tiago on the sidewalk. he had the hugest grin plastered on his handsome face, and was pointing in mute ecstasy at his sharp new rims. "wonderful! you got new glasses?" "no!" he replied, in his thick portuguese accent, "my first pair! it's amazing!" i laughed, "didn't know what you were missing did you?" he walked off chuckling with delight, and i couldn't help feeling a little warm happiness myself as i rode on, wearing a bit of the smile he greeted me with. i didn't bother to extol the joys of contacts to him. yet...

4 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

i'll just stick with my naturally good eyes and smile like i understand how wonderful it must be to finally be able to see like i already can...

9:55 PM  
Blogger Abigail... said...

oh man, that is too cute! thanks for sharing...I think I've got a bit of the smile now as well :-)

8:21 AM  
Blogger Bree said...

Yup I wouldn't know what that kind of joy feels like either. I'm glad others are expirencing it though.

Hmm yeah I'd definitely fall into the disinterested category as far as Valentines goes.

I saw some dude playing the saw at a bluegrass shin-dig.
It was Sweet! Really pretty.
So how's that going for ya?
A new saw might be easier to bend and play. I know that guy's looked pretty thin and flexible.

Welp that's all I have to say.
Later!

9:26 AM  
Blogger quirky said...

so good to hear from those with perfect vision, and that everyone seems to be sharing my smiles. interesting comment about the saw. perhaps with this uninteresting "occasion" approaching, you should send me a valentine with a new thin flexible saw... ahem. ;-)

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home