Monday, April 17, 2006

Dandy Gandy

my trip to the dentist this morning was of course horrendous. my lips were getting dry and cracked from having air blowing on them while they were stretched to the limit. my jaw was sore from the rubber "keep-your-mouth-open-wider" thingy. as i raised myself slowly to the sink the first time i was told to rinse, it felt like my cheeks were 3 inches thick, and my mouth chock full of sand. i tried, more or less successfully to state this to the nurse, who commented that it was actually pretty accurate. minus the 3 inch cheek part. after the procedure was done, i had to go to the bathroom and wash up, because i had white speckles all over my face, and smears of cement on my lip. i came back to my room and took a nap, both to catch up on sleep, and to avoid the sensation of my numb face recovering from the aenesthetic. the phone rang, and i woke up spitting chunks of white stuff. i was like, "UGGHHH!!!" so after freaking out and thinking that the filling was disintegrating, i settled down and started thinking about food.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

i love how your thoughts seem to always revolve around food. ash and i have determined that ours do too. we go to class and moan "i'm starving, this needs to end cause i need lunch" and then we walk to lunch saying "mmmm... foood! we love food". lunch is our favorite time of the day. food is a jolly thing. so are dentist appointments... yes sir, they're great.

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It hurts me to know you are in pain. I am relieved that your filling didn't really fall out. Hope your return to classes went well.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home