Thursday, May 04, 2006

Just Keep Swimming

yesterday i found the biggest turtle i've seen in a long time. he was sitting by the trail in the arboretum. probably 12 inches from bow to stern when he was withdrawn into his shell. i stood and looked at him for a few minutes. something cracked over my head... and low and behold, a branch and a squirrel landed beside me. he picked up an acorn and went to sit in a small tree and watch the turtle with me.

yesterday i also had my very last aural skills test. i will never take that class again! i think 2 whole years of it is definitely enough. today i had my last accompanying studio. we took a french terms quiz and listened to music. once again, i'm glad to have my 4 semesters of that out of the way. i think dr tkacik considered crying during his closing "sermon" about how to live happy and productive lives. and he told us about saving a baby owl from his fire place... it's hard to believe the semester is nearly finished, and i'm checking things off the list. one thing i need to check off my list is memorizing a brahms cappriccio, which i should do at this very instant.

did nobody watch the video? or was it such a let-down that you decided since you couldn't say anything nice, you should just say nothing at all...?

7 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Alders said...

I watched it. And it was quite good, and funny. But not as funny as you as said. So hah. hahahahah. I'm gunna run off hilter-skelter and start working on my paper... :)

6:58 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

hey, i said i was exaggerating! :-P

no procrastinating on those finals!

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't watch it for some reason, probably our dialup modem. Today I can get the buttons. Oh well.

10:24 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

bummer. you should come over right now and watch it! i'm awake because of ever and a friend studying in here anyway. :-P

11:21 PM  
Blogger Feanor said...

It says its a real deal! Yeah count me in, man! Sure could get a lot of cool degrees like that. HAR har HAR har HAR ::choke::

12:03 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

heck yes. i think i'll delete it

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so disappointed...all that buildup, and I can't get it to play!

I can "see" the buttons, but nothing happens. Perhaps it's my incredibly crappy dialup?? Happens. ...a lot.

But I really wanted to see it. I LOVE Monty Python, and I'm a WWII buff...Brit comedy making fun of Hitler? It doesn't get any better than that!

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home