Thursday, April 27, 2006

Good'ay to Ye!

i have never felt this good one week before finals in my life. unless it was before i started college. probably not then either. have you seen second hand lions? if not, go rent it right now and watch it. anyway, walter's uncles are sitting out on the porch, sipping iced tea, shooting the salesmen with shotguns, typical day. uncle garth blows the smoke from his barrel and leans back in his rocking chair to watch the settling dust of the last escaping emissary, "nice evenin'. peaceful." how i find any semblance of logic in such allegories as this is beyond comprehension. just shoot me now. i'm dangerously lacking in anxiety about finals. i say praise god. and i hope this post finds you in good health and spirits as well. cheers!

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phil 4:6,7

6 Comments:

Blogger Bree said...

Oh good grief.....

I totally needed that.

I am ...(how do you say it?)freaking out!
I have waaaaaay to much to do, but atleast I don't have finals.....thank goodness.
pray pray pray.......that's what I need to do.

That is an awesome movie. I've only seen it once and I loved it.

Hold on.....you slept on the bathroom counter? mmm comfy.

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with those finals!! With such a relaxed attitude, you're going to do great!

I am so envious of your time in the Arboretum! (^_^) I LOVED that place when I was an art student. It was a great escape from the horrors of the painting studios.

I really really really do hope to visit Nac sometime in June or so. Not the greatest of times to visit the arboretum, but maybe I can find enough shade to make a quick visit tolerable.

...uh, you slept on a bathroom counter? Obviously, I need to go back and re-read your post! LOL!

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I meant to say:

Secondhand Lions is a GREAT movie!

But...a word of warning...don't accidentally watch the extra-footage DVD instead of the actual movie DVD! It plays the deleted scenes all in sequence, and if you're not paying attention, you'll think you're watching the REAL movie...albeit a bizarre, Cannes Film Festival style movie that makes little sense and has an equally strange ending. Ha ha.

Yeah...it's funny NOW.

2:38 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

hhaaha!! i don't know anyone who would do that... :-P

and you would have to go read bree's blog, and the comments (one of which is mine) to understand why i was sleeping on the bathroom counter.

3:09 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

oh, and you'd have to go to her xanga, not the blogger blog. lol

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for clearing up the confusion, but I can't go to bree's xanga. My computer seems to block it, no matter what I do to the pop-up allowances. But thanks!

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home