Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Unquotable

i was listening to the radio, as i am wont to do while driving, and happened to hear one of those horrible plugs for a car company. the fellow advertising whatever-deal-of-the-hour prefaced his statement with, "i'm sorry if i'm being redundant over and over again..." need i say more?

after leaving the music building i approached my parking space. when i glanced at the windshield i thought, "is that a ticket i see breezing in the wind?" really there's something facinating about using certain words out of context, and general grammarical incorrectness... i should love the guy on the radio for redundantly repeating himself over and over and saying the same thing more than once at the same time as he gives us duplicate information that we've already heard before.

please allow me to not apologize for any misspellings, misspronounciations, missuses, missapplications, or mr grammatical errors.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

So funny...I've "been there" a million times. However, redundancy is something with which I never, ever, at any time struggle. :) ...And irregardless of that great triumph, I don't have any issues with double-negatives, either. Ha! (Aren't you relieved that any "mispronunciations" are far beyond my ability to critique?) :) 'Glad your semester's behind you. Have a great night. :)

11:40 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

i'm pleased that you had no apprehensions, misgivings, qualms or trepidations concerning your ability to critique "that... fine piece of work", which is my post.

:)...x3? hahaha

you are welcome to my blog.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Ah, yes...the smiley faces... :) Of course, you don't know me, but almost everything I say is said with a smile. Some things just don't "ring the same" without one, so forgive me when the smiley faces are more than plentiful. :) (See? There I go again.) Have a nice night, and thanks for the welcome.

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'twas quite witty, nate....

Witty-Nate!
Whiteen Atay!
Wich Eenitay!
Wish 'Nichey!
Vishna Shey!
Vista They!
Beest O'fay!

... the Beast of Ae? what am i talking about?

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home