Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Hello

this is me procrastinating on my research paper. i'm taking a breather at the moment. but i did convince myself to abstain from a party which would have been very fun. i guess that's a good sign. mom would say, "wow, my little boy is growing up." well, not exactly. it's more like sheer terror at the thought of not finishing it on time.

let's see... yesterday i had a test in aural skills. or i guess the last section of a whole testing series. i did well on some parts and not so well on others, with a total average score of 87. it could be worse... i wonder what in the world aural skills 3 and 4 have in store for me. i guess i'll find out in the fall.

had my accompanying lesson. then i got lots of practice in. especially on the violin. it must have been very productive because dr dalmus was quite impressed. i was pleasantly surprised myself. let's just hope it sounds as good next week.

also had rehearsals with my vocalist and violinist. at 6 i played for my vocalist's recital (he was performing in a french art song repertoire recital) and at 7:30 for my violinist in the second of this semester's two string recitals. they both went very well. meaning, my singer and violinist, not the two string recitals. :-P

and today i had theory in the morning. the 8 o'clock part about it was just as bad as usual. then history. we discussed the civil war. i mean, he monologued the civil war.

after that i got some practicing in. then ate lunch and went to accompanying class. got to hear christine and ramiah (i have no idea how to spell that - pronounced ruh-my-uh). ramiah is about to give a recital and christine is doing all his accompaniment stuff. it sounded good. though i almost fell asleep. that wasn't because i was bored, just cuz the semester is almost over and that's what i feel like doing in class.

after that i did a bunch more piano practice. played a little ping pong. ate with david at taco bell. actually we went to taco bell and then went to his house to eat. good times. trimmed my beard a bit so it isn't as incredibly shaggy and weird looking on the end. okay, maybe it is still weird looking, but at least it isn't quite as messy. now my paper is beckoning. i must obey.

and here is a freakin' awesome word.

matutinal \muh-TOOT-n-uhl\, adjective:Relating to or occurring in the morning; early.

1 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Ha, ha! I read this just moments after you posted it. Hope you're writing now!

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home