Sunday, July 31, 2005

Long Day

saturday was a reeeeeeally long day. i don't mean that in a bad way. in fact, i really enjoyed it. however, i got it started by going to bed at 2:00 that morning. then i had to get up at around 6 in order to get to work by 7. then i worked about a half day. we ran a couple of errands to get materials and stuff. also, *ahem,* stopped by the donut shop for a little nurishment. then we put up a bunch of lettering on the side of dr polk's office.

then i went over to dan's apartment and we proceeded to have a good ol' time. went to sonic for him to eat (i had my own, which i shamelessly brought over to our table to eat). we decided that we wanted to go swimming, but the pool wasn't open yet. so we watched the legend of bagger vance. i'm sorry i didn't notice what the correct spelling of that is. then we went swimming, which was the first time for me. no, not the first time for me to go swimming, but the first time this summer, other than in the river on our kayaking trip. and the first time at sfa. i tried to do laps with dan, but i got too tired after doing several, and i just floated around and waited for him to finish his work out. then we just goofed off and did a sorry job of playing basketball in the water. went and watched an episode of 24. then went to wal mart and got bbq supplies, which we took to the house and prepared into some marvelous bbq chicken! thanks marmar! then we went and played volleyball. and i just realized that i have slipped back into making a list of activities which is likely to drive you insane if you've read this far.

it was definitely an exhausting day though. anyway, it's exactly one month from tomorrow till school starts back. hurray...? yes, i'm pretty sure at this point that i can't wait. now of course after several weeks of that i won't be able to wait till the next break. we also started talking about bikes this evening, and i remembered how much i want a motorcycle. but that has nothing to do with anything, and i do have some things to do. the answer to the quiz from last time is answered in the comments. lata tatas.

primogeniture \pry-moh-JEN-ih-choor\, noun:1. The state of being the firstborn of the same parents; seniority by birth among children of the same family.2. (Law) An exclusive right of inheritance that belongs to the eldest son.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

two things:

the ice age was a great movie and i enjoyed the mocking of the theory of evolution.

i called my mom last semester to tell her i was thinking of getting a motorcycle, but before i said it, she informed me that one of our family friends just died in a motorcycle accident. coincedence? i think not.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Amy Thorne said...

Heheh. Yes, I have a loverly motorcycle up here with your name all over it. Too bad I don't have any money for shipping. :/

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, It's only 3 weeks for me! Stink!! I'll be up there a week early for (gulp) nerdy band camp. Please forgive me in advance for all the whining I'm going to do about marching band, but I hope to see you at a game or two...so there will be at least ONE cool person (besides me of course) there...sigh. Same dorm, same room...come by sometime a week before school starts! I guess that means I'll be available to help all you guys move in that weekend. Haha, give me a call-you got my digits!

6:45 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

whoa whoa whoa!!! ted! where did you come from?? haven't talked to you in ages. i'll try to catch ya one of these times.

so allison, are your motorcycle days over??

and amy has a bike for me?? hook me UP!!! and i'll pay shipping! hahahahaha!

looking foward to helping everyone move in this fall. a dinner/movie night would be terrific!

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would sell the truck before I gave up my scoot---I love her that much!---but they ARE a force to be respected. Ask John-David...he's had enough wrecks to know what I'm talking about.

Maybe I'll be up your way this fall, Jordan, and you can meet Rebellion, my two-wheeled friend. Uh, well, and I can meet you, too, instead of just talking blogs!
( ^_^ )
There's going to be a rally in Longview in October---plenty of bikes to be had there! ( ^_- )

5:12 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

i would love to meet you and your two-wheeled friend! does meet mean, ride? or just see. ;-)

8:02 PM  
Blogger Luddie said...

Sounds like a fun day you had. :)

Motorcycles are cool... I've thought about but only because they're supposedly cheaper than cars. Would have a lot of fun carrying 12-packs of coke from Wal-Mart on a little motorbike. :D

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shwhoops!

Sorry, guys; I missed this last bit of commentary completely! Just happened to be scanning thru on the wrong posting.

Re: the "ride" vs "see"...that all depends on whether or not you'll buy at Java Jacks, quirky. Yes, I'm a hopeless coffee addict myself! LOL!

And if you get the right size saddlebags, ludwhig, you can carry darn near ANYthing! I can definitely fit two six packs of...whatever in one saddlebag and have room for a bag of ice in the other! ( ^_^ )

1:33 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

haha, java jacks it is...

must be a six pack of... root beer...

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about 10 day deal dell and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.

I also have a web site & blog about 10 day deal dell so I know I'm talking
about when I say yours is top-notch! Keep up the
great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!

If you have a moment, please visit my site:
10 day deal dell
Best success!

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home