Thursday, July 28, 2005

Shoes

when you buy shoes, what exactly is going through your head? the whole concept has changed a great deal for me "over the years." wow, that sounded so fogie-ish. anyway, used to be the reason i bought new shoes was cuz my old ones got too small. i'm usually pretty good on my shoes, and i never actually wore out a pair until i was like, 15 or something. so, when i was little, and my shoes started getting old, i would start trying to imagine that they were to small. i could hardly wait for my toes to pinch painfully so i could start asking for a new pair. always high tops. nothing else would do. the low ones were just un-cool. then after a few years i got to the point where i sometimes liked the ones with low tops. for a few years every other shoe would be high top, then low. then came the big moment. the time when... i started wanting name brand! *clash of cymbols* needless to say, it was shortly after this that i started having to either help buy, or entirely pay for my shoes. then i got to the point where i only bought running shoes (the same place that i happen to be at today). i usually vacillate between nike and new balance. when i actually purchase the shoes, i always want ones that look totally awesome, but no matter which ones i get i always end up thinking after a couple of weeks that they look more cool than any of the others. weird. used to always get white, cuz they looked so shiny and new when they're new. then i realized that grey, silver, black is the way to go. aaaaaaaand i'm always thinking that i'll keep the old pair that i'm retiring for working, and only wear the new ones for when... um... they won't get dirty?? on good shoe buying sessions it'll be several weeks. but then before you know it, the new ones are the grunge, the old ones are the work shoes, and the new ones on the shelf are calling your name. but i'll just wipe the concrete and paint off my nike shox running shoes (more mullah than i should pay for work shoes) and hope they last another year or so. why isn't shelling out the dough so fun when it's yours?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

An entire post dedicated to shoes? My kind of reading!

6:45 AM  
Blogger Luddie said...

So true!

I've tried uber cheap Wal-Mart shoes because I haven't done that in a while. I'm beginning to feel a few indications of the advantages of spending a *few* more dollars on footwear. :(

6:47 AM  
Blogger Abigail... said...

so true, Anna, so true....I could go one FOREVER about shoes ;-)

10:55 AM  
Blogger quirky said...

i'm sure you could! but you probably buy rather more numerous quantities of shoes, and different styles than fit my taste and comfort. i don't know this for sure, but i have heard that the average woman in the united states spends $54,000 on shoes during her life time, and has an average of 25 pairs of shoes in her possession at once! if that's true, that's insane. you tell me!?!

5:31 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

i just noticed that third from the last sentence of the post is really stupid. so nobody look.

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!
I really don't know about the shoe fetish thing. I wear motorcycle boots...well, everywhere. I guess my money is spent on good insoles! ( ^_^ )

8:50 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

i'm with you all the way! i personally would love to have the excuse to get some motorcycle boots. one certain excuse in particular...

9:44 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

haha, so true. let's see: i have one pair of tennis shoes (my other pair is too small now, so it doesn't count) two pair dress shoes, two pair of sandals, one pair of hiking boots. that's all.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very good post for shoe lovers like me.I have a pair of high heels,a pair of tennis shoes and a pair of boots.

2:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great blog.....You can buy your favorite shoes only from Carolina shoes.....It will be very comfort for you!!!

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home