Monday, September 04, 2006

Happy Birthday Papa!

i would like to make this post a birthday tribute to the most important (mere) man to step foot in my life, who was also very instrumental in bringing me into this life. he has been the greatest encourager in my struggling walk with christ. he has read me bible stories and sung praise to jesus along with his trusty guitar to put me to sleep. he played baseball in the sunday afternoon heat when a nap would have been more in order. he's given me guidance when i asked (or didn't) and correction when i needed it (often). he taught me how to play chess and be a good sport about losing. he prayed with me and helped me through more mature spiritual and physical difficulties. he supported me in my academic endeavors and came to all of my piano recitals. god answers his prayers of love for me when i don't even know he's crying out. papa, thank you for sharing with me the love of christ and living it to the best of your ability in front of me.

speaking of my father, here's mr. cool himself! sorry i don't have a 100% current picture. this is from last year. if you guessed christmas judging by the gift-wrap paper... you would be 100% correct. Happy Birthday Papa!
 Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Abigail... said...

Wow, that's a great tribute! Happy Birthday Mr. Kevin!! :-)

( cool picture too!)

10:54 AM  
Blogger Bree said...

How nice of you to write a tribute for him:) Hope you are doing fantastically!

Happy Birthday Mr Yerkes!

5:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now there's someone I would like to get to know a little better.

What's his number?

yo Mama

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home