Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Relief

life is crazy and exciting these days. the latest development in my schedule of death is a rather significant reprieve. for the first time in my life, i have dropped a course. astronomy is no longer on my list of courses and i am so happy to see it gone. my activities went from impossible to just plain hectic. ever since the beginning of the semester i could tell it was going to be a struggle, but the last straw came last night. i was trying to do my astronomy lab and they told me i would have to build a homemade spectroscope. furthermore, i would have to experiment with several different types of gases and use my spectroscope to create their respective spectrographs (how do you like that sentence...). i realized that not only would i be up working on this project until class this morning, but the every week of this stuff would be one more drag on my life sustenance for the rest of the semester. the long and the short of it is, the camels back broke last night and this morning i withdrew completely from astronomy. now if i can just maintain some solid A's in the rest of my classes...

this morning i was shocked to discover my car parked in front of the music building when i came out for lunch. i walked to class this morning. if you'd asked me where my car was i would have sworn up and down that it was on the 4th floor of the parking garage. thankfully i had no tickets, even though i was in faculty parking.

i also almost got hit on south street. it probably would have been my fault. i proved something i already knew - don't trust stupid people who turn on their blinker and slow down even when they don't intend to turn.

i am a happy camper. god is truly amazing. i'm convinced that life is pointless without him.

the end

7 Comments:

Blogger Feanor said...

Its pretty neat that your car missed you so much. And yeah, life is definetly pointless without God.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away... :) I'm just glad you got to keep the car and lose the astronomy. :) Have a great night!

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a little slow. Did you, indeed drive it to the music building but just forgot because you are so tired and stressed out? Or did something more sinister happen?

Confused papa

12:42 AM  
Blogger quirky said...

hahaha! hey folks. nothing sinister happened. i drove my car to work the day before and then drove straight to the music building (you can park in faculty parking after 4). later that night when i emerged from the building i apparently forgot i had driven there and simply walked all the way back to my dorm.

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must be some commonality in several lives. I had the same sort of experience in college with my bike. But, it was 2am after a very long night of computer programming and it was 1 month before I even realized that I had left my bike where I left it. Talk about ditzy. The semester I dropped a computer science course offered me the same relief. Except I didn't just drop the course, I changed my major. I felt incredible freedom for the rest of my college life.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Paige said...

Dropping a course can make all the difference. Seriously. It's crazy. I remember spectrographs from my astronomy course; *shudders*

So yes, I went dancing in Fort Worth last night, and I didn't get home until five o'clock in the morning. I'm still uber tired, but it was soooooo much fun. Bottom line--next month, you and Heather should totally come. :p

God rocks. Period.

10:21 AM  
Blogger quirky said...

yeah, i would really love for us to come dance with y'all. however, we're having the hardest time in the world actually learning the dances. in spite of the fact that we both want to learn them we have only been once together! i won't bother explaining the complicated train of events which has made things impossible. i will say that starting next week we will hopefully be going again. then, once we actually start learning some dances we could go to some events to utilize our skilz.

god still rocks! exclamation point.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home