Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Communications

today i finally broke down and changed my answering machine message. for those of you who don't know, it was pretty tricky. people tended to hang up a lot. like i would come in from class and there would be three messages, but no one would have left a message. or today someone was on there and they said, "hello? hello??..." and then they hung up. grrrrrrr. so that's that. you have forced me to put a boring message. ok, maybe i'll come up with something interesting that doesn't confuse the caller. have to invent something good later. anyway.

i was trying to get my application in for FAFSA today but couldn't remember my "number." not that i ever had it memorized or anything. so i fille out the pin number info and it said they would email it to me. well... waiting, waiting, waiting, wait.... i got back on the web site and it said they last sent me a copy of my number on 01/25/05. um, no they didn't. so i'm anxious to get that in order to finish the paper work and get the whole thing off my mind.

one thing i need to do is get a microphone. i downloaded teamspeak so i can chat with people over the internet while playing games and stuff, but i have nothing to speak into! so that's on my to-do list.

went to a concert tonight. awsome. it's kind of weird to me in a funny little way that i practically know all the people in these recitals now. i used to go to these things before becoming a student, and they were all just musicians. now i know them all personally, or i've worked with them, or accompanied for them or their students, or studied under them. it's pretty cool. and they did a great job tonight. this was a faculty recital featuring dr gavin on the horn. also dr petti and dr parr (my teacher piano instructors) on the piano, and dr dalmus (my violin teacher) on the violin. they're all so amazing.

that's enough for today. and such a happy note to leave things on.

*gasp* OH MY GOSH!!! i didn't play ping pong today. now there's some front page news for ya. this could really hurt my vibrato preparation. bummer.

love, maestro jordanian

2 Comments:

Blogger Abigail... said...

that reminds me of my favorite answering machine message which I heard on my cousin Ryan's phone ( who had several roommates):

" Hi, if you are a girl calling for Brett, press 1 and leave a message
if you are a girl calling for Chris, press 2 and leave a message
if you are a girl calling for Tim, press 3 and leave a message
If you are a girl calling for Ryan, "Hi mom".

hehe, he cracks me up!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

You don't have your FASFA pin number memorized??? ::gasp::

4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home