Thursday, February 03, 2005

Deathly Tiredness

i was a zombie today. stayed up super late last night working on a bunch of choral part writing for theory class. pretty facinating at normal hours, and increasingly less so at wee ones. that's what i get for procrastinating. maybe i'll learn one of these days. at least i did better than the girl sitting next to me in class. i may have just finished mine a few hours before, but she pulled hers out to work on it right there at the desk next to me. um...hello. there's not much hope for two pages of part writing for four voices, jazz symbols, roman numerals, cadence identification, etc in 5 minutes before class. bummer. then i ended up getting picked on on the one day i just wanted to sleep through class. when dr....dr...........um.......aggghhhhh!!! i can't remember his name. oh my gosh. ummm. yea. anyway, where was i? oh, i got up to hand "him" (whatever his name is :-p) my homework and the other peoples' on my row and he decided that i should make the rounds and get the homework from everyone in the room and bring it to him. just because i was the first to stand up, for cying out loud! so i made some kind of an incomprehensible mumble and turned my bleary eyes to the task at hand. after kicking over a few desks and spilling some papers on the floor i felt my way back to my desk. apparently my part writing skills were still at the tip of my fingers after such a short rest, because when "he" gave us some inclass writing, i whipped it right out before going back to sleep. then since i was the only one done, dr ?? came and looked at it, liked it, and decided i needed to get up and write it out on the board for the class. *snrclmumphlgrrrumff* i said. or something like that. turns out i managed to pass public inspection. or else my part writing did. hate to think what i looked like in my wild unkempt hair (which, by the by, happens to be a tad longer than 5 cm) and glasses (to groggy to even think about contacts). they might also have been wondering what the noises i was uttering meant and why i had my eyes closed and if i was stoned and if maybe they should report me to the quack shack. but everyone kept those questions to themselves and class proceded without further incident. i think i had breakfast next. it wasn't memorable. history was. i was really going into full system shutdown. you know how it goes, "i will not go to sleep, i will not go to sleep, i will not...*jerk* !oh! i was asleep!" i had to resort to pinching myself and plucking little hairs from my for arm to stay awake. quite an adventure huh?? so anyway. the moral of this story is, don't put off your homework until the last minute!! oh wait, everyone else already know that. can you tell i'm still asleep? things weren't really quite as bad as i just described, that was just for your enjoyment. not quite.

also accompanied my singer today. he cut his hair off! amazing. it really does make him look more mature. like he might actually be an adult. a married father with a job even. actually all that is true, except the very first thing. ;-) but he will remain anonymous on this blog, since i'm teasing him. aaaaanyway!

accompanying class was good. practice was good. chic filet was good. stayed until midnight and got all the extra food from the stand for free when they closed. dr utley's recital tonight was awsome. i might tell you about it some other time, but i'm about through with story telling for tonight. i'm not thinking in complete sentences. anymore. worked on physics. just a little more to do on it tomorrow. and a lot to do before the test on monday.

capoeira was good today. managed to not injure myself. but that might just be because we had to leave early for the concert and couldn't stay for the advanced class like last time. if you're close by and interested, come check it out. tues and thurs 6:30 to 7:30 pm at the shelton gym. i've fulfilled my advertising quota for them now. but no, seriously, it would be awsome for anyone and everyone else to come. ITS FREE! almost forgot to mention that. but that's the best part!

that's it. i'm gone. feel free to comment. comments are really dropping off of late. thanks candy and mrs jones. always enjoy the input. i'll try to keep up this steady flow of "helpful information" as you so rightly put it.

kbyegoingtosleepblahblahblahblabberblubbubschmumfflllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

6 Comments:

Blogger Abigail... said...

Did I ever tell you about the time.....

Nah, I bet I didnt...so I'll tell you now, since your funny story inspired me so ;-)
Once I had stayed up super writing an essay (as usual) but I was a STAR student so I got up for my 9AM class ( or should I say, I stay awake for my 9AM) anyway, when i got there I was just settling in with my coffee when my professor pulled out a bunch of "pop-quiz-y" type questions and points into the hundreds of people in the room and says, "you, there, with the coffee...."
I looked around....no one else had coffee....his finger was drilling into me....

Even now, a year later, I STILL think he could SMELL my lack of sleep and thus called on me....indignant...for us both.

get some sleep buddy...sounds like you deserve it! :-)

8:01 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

You're not thinking in complete sentences and that bothers me. Just wanted you to know that. Hey, even the comments are entertaining. And what do you call late night? Oh well, you don't have to answer that. I probably could handle the truth - I was bragging about starting a movie at the extremely late hour of 9 P.M.

2:12 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

wow. 9 o'clock huh... that's um, uh really late. impressive. ;-) and by the way his name is goodall. abbey, sounds like you've had some rough studying times yourself. thanks for the posts.

12:10 AM  
Blogger C. Bright said...

::sniff:: Not gonna impeach my manhood to say that really really late for me is 11:00. Hmmm, just did (so much for honor and manhood). Yeah I'd rather get up early to study, than stay up late, guess I'm turning into a 60 year old at 18. Oh Well.

Giggles over your class snooze account, but I think that Abby was the smart woman this time, why didn't you go in for Java?! Your teacher must have known you were an Eagle Scout and decided to help you with your good deed for the day in electing you as a paper assistant! Lol.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Luddie said...

Gah, western civilization at 9:30 with Dr. Kubricht. I think he has the most soothing voice of any professor at LeTourneau. I get up, eat a nice breakfast, settle down with free coffee from the library, and he starts going on and on about the lesson and I instantly shut down. He's not boring, his voice isn't monotone... it's just so soothing. He never raises his voice or anything. Makes you just want to rest your head on the table and lose consciousness. :D

5:05 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

oh, if anyone is still just dying to know who my professor whos name i couldn't remember is, his name is Goodall. :-p

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home