Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Crazy Morning

i had the second major "let's sleep through the alarm and almost miss class" scare. i think that i vaguely remember the radio coming on, and then i don't know what happened. maybe i was having trouble making it snooze (heh) and somehow turned the volume down instead, i don't know. but i woke up at 7:54. now, when you have an 8:00 class, with homework due, and it takes 7 minutes walking fast to get from the door of my dorm to the door of the music building, 7:54 is a really bad time to wake up. so i lept out of bed, hit my head on the ceiling, hit my feet on the floor, ran around in three circles, got dressed, put my shoes on, grabbed my glasses since contacts would take too many precious seconds, siezed my backpack (which i had fortunately already packed and gotten ready last night), ran smack into the door, backed up and experimented with the possibility of unlocking it, then fled down the stairs, mounted my wild mustang with it's wet seat and galloped to class like a bolt of lightening! got to the class room door, paused, slicked back my hair, straightened my imaginary tie, and walked gracefully into the room. "GUHH-HEEGHHH, HHHHHH, HHHHHH, HHHHHH, *gasp,* sorry i'm *gasp* late dr goodall, HHHHHH, HHHHHHH, HGGGGGHHHH, *gasp,* HHHHHH............." but he had only just finished returning our last graded assignment and hadn't even taken role yet. so it's all good. goodall. whatever.

went to history. part of it was very interesting when dr mathis started talking about the battle of new orleans (1812). he really got into it, and i was quite facinated and fully awake. but he lost my interest again and i went back to battling sleep as he droned on and on. i still took notes, but there's a difference between information assailing ones ears, and really being enamored with the subject and absorbing the information. i wish there was some way to force myself. i keep thinking, "wow that is so cool! this is awesome. i am just so interested." and it doesn't work. so i just keep scribbling away and repeat his words in my head and, uh, look at my watch AND THEN take some more notes....

i'm getting really annoyed with my singer. i was going to say i'm getting ticked off, but i looked it up, and techniquely it means infuriated, or very angry. and that's not really true. buuuut, once again he stood me up for our rehearsal. i understand he's busy, especially now he's got his wife moved over here, and his little boy to take care of on top of his school work. but still... he does still have other responsibilities. and i've been trying to help out and be understanding. however, after he wasn't able to do our original rehearsal time, i let him pick a new one. we've now set up three temporary practice times, at times he chose and said he could come to. and three times in a row now he not only hasn't shown up, he didn't call to say he wasn't coming, or call afterward to apologize or explain or set up a different time. hhhhhhhhh. i need to pray for patience. it's not one of my few virtues.

went to accompanying class. i got back my german quiz - 100. a few of us have a little unofficial competition to see who can get 100's on all the quizzes. it's just devastating to get anything lower. last year i got 100 on the first one, but then a 92 on the second one. :-( sam got 100's on both last semester, and 100 on this one. hmmmmmm. i guess there's not really any way for me to catch up unless he messes up on one. :-/

washed laundry today.

played ping pong. i'm learning to limit myself and play in moderation, instead of playing for two hours every time i hit the table.

now i've gotta hit the books again.

ludic \LOO-dik\, adjective:Of or relating to play; characterized by play; playful.

2 Comments:

Blogger Abigail... said...

THAT was great....I have totally had the same "wake up late" scenerio more times that I care to admit...and you just discribed it wonderfully! Yay! :-)

7:10 AM  
Blogger Abigail... said...

make that "than".....instead of "that I care to admit"....booooo

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home