Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The Shop's Latest

so what's new? nothing, i'm still working (just got home at 11:00). therefore, i will have to just tell about that. and about lunch, since that was almost funny. okay, never mind about work, i'm just going to tell about lunch, cuz i want to go to bed. plenty more about work later.

of course you know about burger king's little "have it your way" slogan. on the side of the cup it's all like, "you can have your drink with ice, without ice, with the cap securely fastened, or you can go topless. hmmm? or you can let your cup runneth over (we wish you wouldn't). but whatever you do, be sure to have it your way." so what particular point do you suspect caught my attention? me - "i'll take a double cheese burger meal with onion rings instead of french fries and a dr pepper without ice, and if you would, please let my cup runneth over." BK girl - "ok, your total will be $4.21, please pull forward." me thinks to myself - "wow, that was a really lame joke, and there wasn't even anyone in the car with me to laugh about it." but then when i got around to the window, there was my cup of dr pepper, with liquid coming out of every seam, bubbling out of the straw hole, and definitely squirting dangerously when squeezed. me - "uh... goodness... i didn't think you'd really do it." BK girl - "well, it's 'have it your way,' isn't it?" me - "um... heh... heh... thanks." i wonder if she was ticked off.

numinous \NOO-min-uhs; NYOO-\, adjective:1. Of or pertaining to a numen; supernatural.2. Indicating or suggesting the presence of a god; divine; holy.3. Inspiring awe and reverence; spiritual.
Smoking is a ritual, and it has all the numinous force of a ritual. --Thomas W. Laqueur,
The New Republic, September 18, 1995

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, jordan, what does this girl look like?? sounds to me like you have met your match. hee hee!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Abigail... said...

Ok, so it was funny enough that you thought to even ASK for a cup that runneth over...but that she DID it...well, I was totally giggling at work when I should have been being "professional".
:-P

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROTFLMAO!!!
Oh, that is customer service, alright! Half the time I can't even get people to leave off the pickles. But look at you!! *guffaw!*

6:24 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

well, i certainly am glad you guys enjoyed that one. i guess we have exceptionally good burger king service around here.

met my match?? hahahaha!!! no... not HER...

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home