Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Hace Buen Tiempo

today i went jogging for the first time in woooooooooooooo. say that with a high-pitched descending slide and you'll pretty much have the jist of a sound that means "a very long time."

i like the cooler weather. in june there is no way i would go jogging at 4 in the afternoon. also it gives me and excuse to do things like wear my trench coat. which i did a couple nights ago when i walked to the music building. i wore my fancy hat too. nick said i looked scary. maybe i should post pictures.

sadly, i am now a member of myspace. i barely have a profile set up. i'm thinking i may eventually get around to putting a picture up, but not much else. there's just too much with blogs and facebook and everything else.

life is moving along fine though. i haven't fallen off the deep end of insanity yet (though i've been told i'm on the brink). trying to hold onto god's promises that when we are weak then we are strongest in him. there are also a few very encouraging friends around. one in particular (one besides heather, since of course she's the best) who i just recently realized is someone i would really like to cultivate a friendship with. i don't know exactly how to word it. i guess "we connected..." which sounds TOTALLY stupid! but you know what i mean, yes? that's it. i'm through. see y'all later

solicitous \suh-LIS-uh-tuhs\, adjective:1. Manifesting or expressing care or concern.2. Full of anxiety or concern; apprehensive.3. Extremely careful; meticulous.4. Full of desire; eager.

"He . . . was excessively solicitous, constantly apologizing for the car's poor suspension, the heat, the state of the roads, and the insane behavior of other drivers."-- John Case, The Genesis Code

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, most assura... assured.. assuirla... Deiffinately post pics. Pics are always cool.

Whats the addy @ myspace, & I'll check out your non-existanat corner. I'll even give you the addy for MY non-existant myspace.

btw, if ya would, have Roger gimme a call, or better yet, e-mail me his number. He's got some homies that hang sheetrock, & we're gonna need those kinda folks soon...I hope.

Hope things are goin' well,

Turtle

5:07 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

i most assuredly will!

:-P

6:43 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Hi there, my friend! I'm really sorry about the shortage of encouraging friends. I think that's the state in which many of us have lived most of our lives, though it's sometimes sad to remember such things. I'm the "exhorter" in my family, so God's seen to it that I always have a heart full of those needing an uplifting word of love. :)

I'll share a few Scriptures that have always brightened my countenance in shadowed times. :)

"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because He trusts in You."
Isaiah 26:3

"Remember Your word to Your servant, in which You have made me hope. This is my comfort in my affliction, that Your promise gives me life...The Lord is my portion; I promise to keep Your words. I entreat Your favor with all my heart; be gracious to me according to Your promise."
Psalm 119:49-50, 57-58

"Whom have I in Heaven but You? And there is none on earth that I desire besides You. My flesh and my strength may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever...But for me it is good to be near God; I have made the Lord God my refuge, that I may tell of all Your works."
Psalm 73:25-26, 28

I didn't have the heart to post anymore lengthy words here, but you must take a few moments to read through I Peter 1:3-9, too. ...Some of the best promises ever. :)

Sleep well, my friend! G'night!

7:02 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

hey! thanks for the verses. i didn't mean for that paragraph to be taken quite the way you took it. i wasn't actually commenting on a shortage of friends, but on a particular few who have been especially encouraging. but definitely thanks for being one of them!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I know... :) That's something I noticed just about four minutes ago.

Somehow, I managed to read "a very few" instead of "a few very." Isn't it hysterical "the world of difference" a few words can make? :)

...and by the way, you're welcome for the verses. I needed them in my own heart tonight. :)

8:42 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

you've read the genesis code? weird. i picked it up totally at random at goodwill for i think 65 cents last year because it was it was a pretty red book sitting there looking lonely and i started reading it, though i must confess i ran out of time and life became busy so i never finished it, or made it through the first chapter, but ya know, you'll have that. how is it?

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home