Sunday, January 21, 2007

Dew

just noticed that my mountain dew bottle says "DEW. Be. Dew. Be DEW." so i said it to myself. and then i said it a little faster. "dewbedewbedewww." then i chuckled quietly to myself.

my legs feel sore. in a good way. if it can be good to feel lots of pain walking up stairs. it's from not running at all for a month, and then suddenly running again and doing squats and lunges. i hurt. speaking of sore legs, i had a flat tire this morning. i was so going to be on time for church. then my car was like, "good idea, but no." so i changed my shirt and crawled around on the ground and got it off. has a hole about the diameter of a pencil. then i put on my tiny retarded spare tire. seriously, it's the dorkiest thing ever. i think it's not so much a space saver as it is a business incentive worked out between the car company and the tire people to make people buy a new tire as soon as possible so they won't be embarrassed at having to limp around with 3.5 tires.

i know where my phone is. according to an email i got from a friend yesterday it's with "the kyle" at the front desk of the rec center. i hope "the kyle" takes good care of it till tomorrow.

i had delicious potatoes for lunch. karen made lunch (there was also pork bbq with brownies and coffee ice cream for dessert. by which i mean we ate all those things, not that they were all for dessert. cuz that would be weird to eat bbq for dessert. tasty, but weird. it just isn't done.) and then we sat around talking and having a grand ol' time, part of which was spent curled up on a jumbo bean bag. then i went running and lunging around for a while and got sorer but didn't puke.

heather came to church with me this evening. i was glad. we ate dinner with the fam. it was delish. it was potatoes. except it was papas con chili, instead of papas con bbq pork (all that means is that i'm not even pretending to make complete sentences in spanish). i then weighed myself and found out i'm only slightly larger than last time i checked. i wasn't shocked. you shouldn't be either. i saw that it wouldn't be necessary to consume any more ice cream.
then we returned the movie about murder. i forget its title. apparently it was very old and very funny. i got a mountain dew and heather got a nutritious and delicious strawberry slushy. now i don't want to do spanish or anything but sleep. please let me sleep. dew be dew be dew...

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So that was Kyle. Now you know who that was behind the desk.

10:12 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

yep. the kyle. as opposed to the kenny.

10:22 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

is it... the chad??

5:31 AM  
Blogger Shell said...

Sounds like there's lotsa good kibble going on at your place!

And, by the way, forgo ice cream but do the dew? That makes sense? Haha. And you (of all people) should not be worried about his weight.

If the lunges and stairs get boring I have a few torturous areobic DVDs that would make you even more sore. You're welcome to them....fat lotta good it did me. Haha. No pun intended.

So, anyway, I hope our little rondevous aren't limited to watching you whisk by on your way out of the language lab this morning. ;-)

Have a good night, buddy!

6:29 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

i'm not worried about my weight. i just think about it a lot.

our rendezvous don't have to be limited to 5 second hi's at the lab. we should hang out, maybe this weekend. and we've definitely got to do a double date some time when adam is here.

it would be funny if you didn't even read my comment to your comment and i wrote all this for nought. oh well. ttyl.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I agree that bbq for dessert is abominable, but my husband seems to differ and thinks that any type of main (meaty) course is quite appropriate for dessert. Silly him.

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your article is very informative and helped me further.

Thanks, David

7:29 AM  
Blogger quirky said...

that comment makes me laugh. almost uncontrollably. probably just because i'm delirious. heh.

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo! ;)
heh... what unbalanced news!
what do you think about it?

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh- I didn't know you left ME a comment on your blogthingie. I know, I'm so sad that when we see eachother it's in a fury of language-related work. Adam was supposed to come by this weekend but he can't, so I'd imagine next weekend he'll be here. Double dating one of those nights sounds like a BLAST! In fact, that'd be really great. In the mean time, you're more than welcome to drop by for a movie night or whatever...I don't know. I'm kind of boring since the apartment isn't only my apartment.

Anyway, definately look at next weekend as a great possibility. Maybe even going "out of town" or something!

Yeah.
I'm going to go now...this is what email is for, I forgot and wrote too much.

Forgive me.

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jordan,
Would you please post again and tell us the one about the TV... and the fire... and the melted floor??? Huh? Huh? Wouldja, wouldja - pleeeeeaaaase!!!!!

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home