Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Still Three ta Go

right now i'm squirming with disbelief. it's not the end of the world, but i missed a final. the biggest most important one of all, my piano jury. all this time i've been thinking it was at 1:45. i went and ate lunch and then went waltzing into the music building to warm up at about 12:15. on my way up the stairs i saw dr pitts and sam (who was giving me a funny look). dr pitts asked, "so did you end up playing?" and i was like (sic), "um, not yet." "oh, did you have a test or something? we were afraid that since we went a bit over time you had to leave for a final." "(with concern in my voice and an increased heart rate) my time is at 1:45......?" dr pitts smiled, "actually your time was at 11:45." at that point i was really doing just fine. we all know what fine means (freaked out, insecure, neurotic, emotional). but not to worry... after feverishly running around finding the keyboard faculty, i've got it rescheduled for thursday. i can't decide whether to be relieved that i have a couple of extra days, or annoyed that i still have it hanging over my head when it would otherwise already be done. so now i have all three of my hardest finals in one day. :-( oh well, i must pay more attention in the future.

2 Comments:

Blogger Luddie said...

Stay strong and do well with the rest of your finals! I'll be praying for ya.

8:53 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

thanks man!

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home