Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Blood Pumpin' and Paint Flowin'

here's one way to have a heart attack, which i experienced yesterday. that is, if you're the leaden foot type. did you know that if you wear size 14 you automatically are allowed to drive 10 mph faster than anyone else? anyway, i was going home at about 10:00, and the speed limit was of course reduced to 65 being night. i was cruising down a hill at about 72 or 73. then, just as i was going past an oncoming car i realized... IT WAS A PATROL CAR!!! and the way this was brought to my attention was by the explosion of blue lights in the lane next to me, just as i was passing him! i swear i was so stunned and startled and shocked and scared i almost said "shoot," when my eyes were seared by the blaze. well, actually i did say that, i just almost said something else. but i make it a point not to say that. anyway, i guess it's needless to say that i slowed down fast, and my jugulars were pounding. but apparently the colorful display was just a friendly reminder to ease off on the gas a li ttle, cuz he didn't chase me down. if that happens to me when i'm 65, i'm done for.

in other news, i took it upon myself to paint the middle of the concrete floor in the shop dark red. as the full bucket up paint was falling and rotating on its axis toward the floor, creating an impact point right on the lip of the lid, i suddenly decided i had changed my mind, and didn't want to paint the floor afterall. but it turns out i painted it anyway. but since i already had made up my mind not to, i had a lot of cleaning to do. the good news is, there's a very clean spot in the middle of a dirty shop floor. everyone who comes in admires it...

speaking of working (was i speaking of that?), today was the first almost miserable day in my experience at allied. it think it has something to with a) only having two more days (including today) and wanting to be through, b) 241 degree temperatures in the shade, and c) grinding aluminum with files and air sanders for 8 hours, and having aluminum dust alergy attacks. but seriously, i love my job dudes.

expatiate \ek-SPAY-shee-ayt\, intransitive verb:1. To speak or write at length or in considerable detail.2. To move about freely; to wander.
He had told her all he had been asked to tell--or all he meant to tell: at any rate he had been given abundant opportunity to expatiate upon a young man's darling subject--himself. --Henry Blake Fuller,
Bertram Cope's Year

3 Comments:

Blogger Abigail... said...

whew! I would LIE and say I've never had experience where I've seen a cop while speeding...but I wont. ;-)

Have a good last day at work tomorrow!!

2:22 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

disconnected writing? yeah, i pretty much do as i please. ;-)

thank's i did have a wonderful last day!

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so hilarious!
OH, I need your nummmmmmmmmmber...wilson no longer exsists, remember?

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home