Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Gandy

to continue my last post, i'll start with my visit to the dentist. it was the typical uncomfortable deal that it always is. who teaches those ladies to floss so hard? and oh the aching of the jaws. maybe i should chew gum to strengthen them up for my cleaning visits. oh wait... that's hardly a good solution. also, of all the horrible setups, there was a huge window facing east, out of which my chair was looking. since it was 8:45, or shortly thereafter, the sun was just high enough to top the trees, and just low enough that the ceiling did not block its rays. but fortuneately i was wearing my sunglasses on top of my head. "don't mind if i use these do ya ma'am?" but all sadness. in my deeply reclined position the light went straight under the lenses, making them 100% useless. since they would have been a distraction and a hindrance if they were resting on my upper lip, and because i was mildly self-conscious laying there in-doors with my sunglasses on, i removed them. every few minutes i would make a mental note of the extreme tension building up in my body and try to relax my hands and shoulders. i had to keep saying, gosh jordan, is it really that bad?? and apparently it was. my teeth are squeaky clean now, but dr gandy found a little decay on one tooth. isn't it amazing how they do that? every time?!? i went for 6 or 7 years without even stepping foot in the office. what did they find? one little cavity. actually that one was kind of big. now i come back for a regular check up after 6 months or so, and what do they find? another little cavity! i bet he would find one every week if i kept going back! as you have probably guessed by this largish paragraph on the dentist, i don't have much else to talk about.

worked all day, and am about to return there, having had my dinner. i got an extra tiny job making a prototype mirror frame for foretravel this morning, which delayed my production of ball qube products. i hardly minded though since lee made it quite worth-my-while.

sine qua non \sin-ih-kwah-NON; -NOHN; sy-nih-kway-\, noun:An essential condition or element; an indispensable thing

3 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

sounds like you had a lovely dental visit. when i go in, they give us tinted glasses to wear for whatever reason, so wearing sun glasses inside is common practice.

last time i had a cavity i had to turn myself in... would you rather go down that way or have them find it? pain or random discovery??? which do you prefer?

7:14 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

you always where tinted glasses in there huh? and what do you mean you had to "turn yourself in?"

i prefer to get plenty of fillings, which will expand and contract till my teeth crack resulting in pain, crowns, and in worst case scenario, root canals. woohoo! how's that for a cynical take? *shifty eyes*

5:45 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

expanding and contracting fillings? that sounds horrid... your imagination is astonishing.

i had to 'turn myself in' because my tooth hurt and i knew had to be a cavity. i was right. the end.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home