Monday, July 03, 2006

Free Minutes

every time i turn around today, i think it's saturday! it's so weird to not go to work and have papa home. so yesterday i had a wonderful nap, which lasted about 3 hours. it probably would have been more wonderful in the long run if it had only been one hour. last night i could not sleep. my body started to randomly itch in different places. i tossed and turned and kicked and rolled and squalled, and finally got really tired late this morning and slept till about 9 or 9:30.

i ate about 5 really good peaches today. i feel like going to pick more.

did a bunch of cleaning in our back room (my room when evan is here), which is full of clothes and boxes from our move and from my dorm room. i took off all the sad strings from my guitar, which you needed to know, but doesn't have anything to do with anything.

next i will tell you that papa and i put up two laminated shelves that i made about a year ago, but i will not provide any of the details. except they look awesome and we have three times as much shelf space.

this evening i bought two new pair of blue jeans. i am quite pleased with myself. actually more with the jeans than with myself. they even had weird odd (weird+odd=very rare and unusual) sizes that fit me so nicely! then the entire family went to the track where we ran (or perambulated) about the concourse at various velocities for about an hour. i decided to run up and down the hills, while still attempting to maintain speed and run the same distance. it was much hard. i made it up about 3 or 4 hills, and then just tried to make it the rest of the distance. i think i'm over 150 miles for the summer. ooooohh, my calves!!!

time for chicken tetrazzini.

i probably won't get around to posting for the occasion, so - EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT 4TH TOMORROW!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

My mom makes the most phenomenal Chicken Tetrazzini in the world; it's definitely a family favorite. :) 'Hope you found yours quite tasty.

Remember my stature only reaching 5'3"? I, too, am absolutely thrilled when I find jeans that actually fit the way they're meant. 'Glad you found some that work for you! (I'm guarding my current "perfectly fitting" pair with great tenacity.) :)

I suppose that's enough "meaningless" commentary, for one night. :) Be sure you try to sleep better, this evening!

9:35 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

hahha, doesn't it stink the way when you get a new pair of shoes or jeans or whatever, you almost don't want to wear them so they'll stay nice? at least i know i'm like that just a little. then once you get a few stains on them it's ok, and you can start enjoying wearing them whenever you feel like it. :-P

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home