Saturday, July 01, 2006

OxyChem Feed Phosphates*

yesterday was one of those days that really seems like two or three different days rolled into one. remarkably, all the activities started after a full day at work...

as soon as i got mullah from the boss-man, i headed over to wal mart to do some piratey accoutrament shopping. as some of you know, we are intending to watch pirates of the caribbean in costume. i admit that i need a bit of assitance in the costume department. much as the idea of being captain jack entertains me, i didn't really know the first thing about where to begin. so it turns out that there are some types of pants that would be almost perfect, except they're for girls. *sigh* i am now the bashful owner of a pair of pants (which i will probably only ever wear once) that are to be altered to make pirate britches. i'm thinking my shirt will be long and untucked... female garments are awkward and quite ill-fitting on me. it's more and more occurring to me how embarrassed i shall be at the theater. this is definitely something you do not do by yourself. if you get dressed up for a movie by yourself, you are officially a geek. if such a one is reading this, don't deny it. just be proud of your geekiness.

then i went jogging. what??? i went jogging.

met nathaniel while i was there, and he ran a bit with me. then we went and took showers. i wonder where my keys are? but i didn't let that bother me. we headed to the carmike to watch superman. i enjoyed the movie over all. the beginning was kind of boring, but after about 30 minutes superman took charge with his glorious feats of cheesyness, the world was saved from one more villain. it was fun. katie pointed out that superman movies have to be at least a little bit cheesy!

hmmm. what did i do with that key?!? then we got back in his truck. "nathaniel? i don't know where my key is." "ooooh, nice. what should we do?" i decided it would be best just to stop by the track and i could thoroughly search my bag and the pockets of my other clothes. but low and behold, there was the key, glinting brightly on the asphalt not two feet from my "securely locked" car in the parking lot. i hadn't even hoped it would be that easy, and decided to be more relieved than shocked at the possible unhappy consequences of such carelessness.

since it was about 1 o'clock and i hadn't eaten anything for 13 hours we went to whataburger. it took them a very long time to complete my order, including complications in which an inept fellow decided to charge me for a biscuit and other stuff, bringing the total for my little breakfast buritto and hashbrowns to almost $8. so they gave me a coupon for a free burger or something. works for me.

since it was time to be going to bed, we went out into the parking lot and stood there talking for about 2 hours. we pretty much discussed everything. especially the three g's- god, girls and guns. except, a lot of true texans would be ashamed of us, because our guns conversation was about the lumps us guys like growing between our elbow and shouler, and had nothing to do with hunting.

when i got home i snuck quietly into the house - no need to unduly disturb anyone at such unearthly hours. my parent's bedroom door was strangely wide open. i stalked back to evan's room and noticed that the girls door was wide open too. glanced at courtney's bed and it was empty. so was bethany's. mhmm!! so i walked less quietly to the back of the house and found the whole family hunkered down nearing the end of a marathon. a pride and prejudice marathon. i took just long enough to say "hi" and "goodnight" and went to bed chuckling to myself. keeping college hours indeed! ha! nothing new about those kinds of hours at our house.

since the day is more than half over, i'm going to try to be productive. have an excellent weekend!

*p.s. because that's what this coffee mug beside me says.

10 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

It's just a good thing you have "pirate-going" friends! They'll, hopefully, diminish any feelings of panic, as you enter the cinema. :)

I love the bit about "since it was time to be heading to bed," you went and stood, talking for another two hours. That's one of my favorite things to do...almost always with my Mother. :)

Ah, so your family, too, has Pride and Prejudice marathons? (1995 BBC version with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle, I presume?) :) I've found that if I fast-forward over most of the parts with Mr. Collins, I can cut the time of the movie down to a very sensible 3 hours or so. Besides, I want to get to "the good stuff". :)

Have a great day!

1:50 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

i'm afraid i don't know what version they were watching. i've only seen it once waaaaaaay back who knows when, while i was stuck in my grandparent's living room for all of thanksgiving. lol.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Bree said...

Ha ha ha! Wow. You are insane.

I was laughing to myself about the "You are a geek if you dress up by yourself."part because.....I would have. If noone had decided to be brave with me, I still would've done it.

Though I'd rather think of it as being, "independantly cool regardless of opinions or appearances" ;)

No need to panic.....I'll lead the way.

Considering all the other guys in NAHSA can quote P&P, that's just sad. Although at first I thought it was strange that they all liked it so much.

1:02 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

aha!!! independantly cool regardless of opinions or appearances? you're arguing, not admitting it. that may be so, but a geek none-the-less. but hey, i'm pretty geeky about some stuff too.

maybe i have a one track mind... it actually took me a few moments to figure out what P&P. maybe i was thinking of POC, and couldn't reconcile the two. i am proud to say that i do not know a single quote from P&P. it would take more than the average person to persuade me to change that.

don't ask me why so many guys know it. don't ask me why i'm still writing either. i think i've decided i like having message board conversations when i'm too lazy to post. :-P

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I happen to KNOW it was the Colin Firth version, as it was borrowed from us. Your mother thought it would be good since it was a long weekend. I claim innocence in their timing of watching it, though. I was just the lender.

What? You don't like the simpering Mr. Collins? But can you imagine how fun it would have been to play Mrs. Bennett?

Keebler

4:15 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

keebler?? mrs fearing?!? well well well... i'm glad to know you're innocent. what a load off my mind. i didn't say anything about not liking any of the beloved characters - but 10 years simply hasn't helped my memory of them, or increased my desire to watch them in action again. carry on.

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What can I say? It was my camp name. How did I get it? When asked what I did in my spare time, I replied, "I bake cookies." It was quite true then, and still is partially true. If only I didn't have so many children...

I'll have you know that my husband likes Pride and Prejudice, as well. It doesn't make you less of a man to enjoy it. And... you can get practice watching "chick flicks" to attract all those girls.
They will be impressed with your sensitivity.

7:36 AM  
Blogger quirky said...

aaaaaaall those girls. yes. as i hinted at before, one of those sort of creatures might be able to persuade me to watch it, but i'm afraid i won't be picking up quotes from it before hand just to impress them.

*mumble mumble asifineedmoviestoimpressthegirls.. mumble* AHEM.

:-P

7:57 AM  
Blogger Luddie said...

Hahahahaha

"one of those sorts of creatures"

5:13 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

heh heh, yes... quite endearing, no? i hope no one is offended. i do rather like them. good to see your little face on here joshby.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home